Europe Trip - Switzerland

The ultimate dream eva! Switzerland!!! Destination: Jungfrau. As mentioned in Wikipedia "
The Jungfraujoch is a col or saddle between the Mönch and the Jungfrau in the Bernese Alps on the boundary between the cantons of Bern and Valais, inside the Jungfrau-Aletsch Protected Area." I'm here for the snow. It's snowy all year around, even in summer. Blessed to be here!
Our campsite is located at Lauterbrunnen.



Pretty sight, rite? Still misses this place. Imagine this, waking up, breathing fresh air and waterfall right before your eyes....just like a dream...except is't freaking cold!! And due to unavailibility of cabin, had to camp out. But it was fun. Still cold but ok, still bearable. Well, I had to put on layers and layers of clothing. The first day here, we explored the town of Lauterbrunnen and went to Trummelbach waterfall.


While walking around, we were told that the fresh water here flowing from the mountain is straight away bottled and labelled as mineral water from swiss. Imagine Evian.....uhhhh.....that expensive mineral drink is abundant here...

The next day, we went to Jungfrau!! See my pix on the train to Jungfrau...


See the snow? As it goes up, it becomes colder....




With Malaysian flag! huhu...someone brought it and we "pinjam"....well, it was really cold on top of jungfrau...my 3 layers of shirts plus my pink jacket, still freezing cold! I spent about 30 minutes taking picture and quickly run inside the building for heat. Those 2 girls put on only 2 layers...well, they are used to it. They live in London for several years already. I really can't stand it. So, I might as well forget my dream vacation of skiing in the snow. sigh....

That's about it...Next destination....Paris!!


Comments

Popular Posts