So, what is your plan?

I get this questions a lot now.

But seriously DO NOT ask this when you see me. By asking this, it seems that I have something going on but I do not have ANYTHING, at the moment. I understand some of my friends are quite concern since being on unpaid leave means no source of income. Fret not, I have some saving though I seriously do not know how long it will last since it is not much.

You must have something you are good at that you want to do that can help create some revenue?

Well, I even hate this question because, yes, I have so many things I like, writing novel, travelling , etc and I am sure it can help me create something however, I do not have the confidence at the moment.

I have also peeking through jobstreet and linked in looking for potential jobs however, that was an even bigger nightmare. It just says that either I am overqualified or underqualified. There is no job matching my current position. But, I am not sure I even want to be in the current position anymore. It is tiring and depressing. At the moment I just want to be out from oil and gas industry. It is just a mean world at the moment. But getting job in another industry is also seem not possible since I have 14 years experience in oil and gas industry. I have to go to fresh grad level if I were to do it.

So, what do I do now? When will I start thinking about this unemploymentt? I dunno. At the moment, I would like to say that I am still employed though I will not get any salary. I am still pining hope on my company that they will call me for a job assignments  before 3 months is up. Though I can say, at the moment, the indication showing that is NOT possible.

I know I have to do something and I am seriously thinking about it. But just give me sometime and act normal. I would appreciate it very much.

I have to be strong, and I know I am not alone. I know something good is waiting for me. So cheer up!

Comments

Popular Posts