Helen The Baby Fox..sob..sob..


Maybe I wanna have a good cry, or maybe I didn’t expect to cry at all. Last few nite, while relaxing on my comfy chair, watching tv, all I wanna do is relax and watch fun movies. The title of the movie, really caught my attention. In my mind, I thot it was some kind of tarzan movie. Someone looks after the animal and they bonded and they lived happily ever after. Well, I got some part rite (except live happily ever after). But I didn’t expect myself to cry so hard at the end of the movie. It is really a heartwarming movie. Here is the synopsis:

Synopsis
Early spring in Hokkaido, northern Japan. Taichi, a young boy who tends to be a dreamer, has just arrived from the big city to live with his mother’s new boyfriend, a veterinarian, and his daughter. One day after school, Taichi discovers the cub of a northern fox crouching near the side of the road and despite the objections of those around him, decides to take care of the lovable creature. The baby fox cannot see, cannot hear and cannot bark. Even when offered milk, it just ignore. So Taichi names it Helen, after Helen Keller, the first blind, deaf and mute woman who was able to communicate using the sign language. Helen responds to Taichi’s devoted caring efforts and begins to strive for live, in spite of her frail body. The boy and his veterinarian family watch over her with encouragement and love.

I just lurvvvee the movie. You have no soul if you didn't cry at the end of the movie. The poor animal died due to brain damage. I searched the net for this movie (just to have some info) and later discovered that is actually a true story.The story is based on an incident actually experienced by TAKETAZU Minoru, who is involved in wildlife conservation in Hokkaido.

You just have to watch it! It's been played on Astro Kirana (say whatever, I'm not promoting Astro, but this movie is a must watch).

Comments

Popular Posts