Trip to Jakarta and Bandung



Finally, I'm back! It was quite an enjoyable trip for me. Adala beli barang sket2, but not that banyak. I wasn't feeling very well. I'll tell you more about it..

First day:
Flight took off about 730am. So, we (Aisyah, Rubee and me)were already by the airport 2 hours before departure time (international check-in). Turned out Airasia last check-in is 45 mins before departure. But it's ok la..better early than late, i guess. the whole journey to bandung took about 2 hours. This is the view before the plane land on the beautiful bandung



Just within minutes arriving in Bandung, we have already started our inquiry to Jakarta, our prime destination. I think I've put it in my blog before about my confusion on which is the better shopping haven, bandung or jakarta? well, both are ok la...jakarta for its batik prints and cheap telekung, very cheap dvd (rm2 each!!) but veryyyy hectic! and bandung, for the factory outlet.

We boarded a van called Cipaganti to travel to Jakarta from Bandung. It is one of the widely used transportation between the two places. It's economical, comfortable and most importantly, it departs on time. Upon arriving in Jakarta, we checked ourselves into Hotel Ibis Tamarin. The facilities are great for a price of rm120 pernite. We didn't waste any time and straight away went into the nearest shopping complex, Java and Sarinah. Java was having a big sale that day, and one of my friends bought herself loads of t-shirts. I also bought myself a cute cardigans...Meanwhile, at Sarinah, our intention of going there was to find a transporation other than Cipaganti because the Cipaganti station is quite far from our hotel and we prefer to ride something that was closer to our hotel but didn't find anything. Still, we managed to buy batik prints there. loads and loads of batik prints on men shirts, sarong, etc.



We planned to watch Spiderman 3 but didn't find a good place for watching it. After having our dinner at Plaza Semanggi, we headed back to our hotel and get ready to sleep....

The second day:
Today I feel my head heavy. I thought due to insufficient sleep. After refreshing ourselves, it's time for the next destination, Tanah Abang and Mangga Dua. Major shopping was expected to happen today. Upon reaching Tanah Abang, we went to have breakfast first. I ordered something with bakso betawi. not really sedap, couldn't finish it.

We shopped like there is no other day at Tanah Abang. We bought telekong, scarf, handbag, etc. Then we went back to the hotel to unload our buying to prepare for the next buying at Mangga dua. I was feeling sooo hot. My friend Aisyah, confirmed that I was having a fever. I really want to shop around and fever or no fever, it's not gonna mar my plan! My determination carried me thruout my next 2 days there.

The picture here shows one of many transportation in Jakarta, though, we didn't have any intention to ever ride on it.


Also, today we felt like wanted to try out nasi padang. Here's the menu:

Of course la, we didn't take everything into our pinggan. Couldn't really makan evrything. Only 6 are good enuff for us. But it was fun and the food? Delicious!

Along the journey back to the hotel, we came across a Plaza Indonesia, a new shopping complex which houses megablitz cineplex, arguably the biggest cineplex in southeast asia region. Certainly a must go place! So, we head there after completed our shopping spree in jakarta. The cineplex is indeed huge. We watched Spiderman 3. I must say, I'm quite disappointed with the movie, but not with the cinema. We also managed to snap a pix of jakarta town from inside the cinema building. Jakarta is well known for its high density area and it shows in the pix.





The movie was a wrap for our activity in Jakarta. We did have fun there and couldn't wait for Bandung trip.

The third day:
I didn't sleep at all the whole nite. My fever showed no sign of slowing down. I felt like I wanna die but the journey has to go on. Today, is the day I've been waiting for. FOS in Bandung!

We went to bandung by boarding Cipaganti also. Upon reaching Bandung 2 hours later, we immediately checked-in into Hotel Royal Dago. Quite cheap, rm 110 per nite. We were there earlier than expected but since there are not people staying at the hotel, we got to check-in early. The first destination? The famous Rumah Mode

This is the view in front of Rumah Mode.


This place houses lots and lotsa branded items (read: liz clairborne, dkny, mng, hugo boss, victoria secrets, etc)at lower price. I went nuts there! hehehe.. spent about rp540,000 (around rm 200 kots). I felt proud of myself..ahaks!
After that we went to other shops like level, episode, victoria and all shops at dago street. I really like level coz it has almost all designer shirts at very low price. Me in Level shop. I was having a fever, remember?


Well, to me, it has been a wonderful trip (even though I'm down with fever). Maybe I'll go to Jakarta again one day. But what's on my mind now is my next year trip...It's for me to know and for you to find out after the trip. hehehe..

Comments

Ruby Alias said…
shud hv bought more of d brownies kukus..it was a hit at my opis..sampai sekrg ku terkenang-kenang

eh herl u didnt snap any of dos cute indon guys ka..share tau..jgn simpan sesorg :P
Anonymous said…
isk isk...dah demam2 pun masih lagik tak sedar diri di situh!!
herl said…
bee, brownies kukus yg aku beli kat kat level tuh pun sedap gak..cute indon guyz? ader ke aku snap? mcm takde je...nnt aku mail kat ko gambar2 kita tp aku kena kecikkan size coz aku amek 6mp, nnt la yer..

to rough, memang la demam tp bila shopping tak ingat demam ker ape ker...janji enjoy :p

Popular Posts