Down Mode

Today, i got scolded. For saying the wrong things in a meeting. I never knew the meeting to be THAT important. I am just so naive. I knew all the people in the meeting, been working with them since the couple of month, except there is one extra attendee. The CEO. Well, never before I attended meeting with CEO, well, except townhall briefing at my company.

So, what did I do wrong? Because I often being told we are engineering partner, i took it for granted. I was not really prepared for the meeting. Well, actually, I knew there was to be a meeting. But i din know CEO gonna attend it. Well, he kinda look friendly so I assume, we can just report the normal way we reported things. Delay here and there, dun enuff time to check, bla, bla.. Goshhh.. I was soooo naive. My engineering manager scolded me there and then after the meeting. It was harsh to the point of saying to replace me if i were to repeat it again. Darn.. I felt so doomed. Suddenly, it occurs to me, he has been the saying the exact same thing like the one who echoed we are engineering partner. It seems to be that that is his way of saying "He is the boss and make no mistake, you are easily replaceable.". Engineering partner? Well, maybe not.

My colleague knew i was frustrated. Of ckurse I am. But i knew i should not keep it in my head. Life has to go on. Another reality check for me. Nothing last forever. I should as well prepare myself for anything worse to come. I just hate being an engineer...

Comments

Popular Posts