It's gonna be a long week...(sigh)

I'm still at FPSO Perintis now. Should be back to land today or tomorrow. But nature has its way to hold me down here.We should be travelling by boat to Malong yesterday and continue working today. But, we still didn't do any work since the weather has been bad. The wind strength is about 30 knots and sea swell is about 2-2.5m. It is not advisable for us to travel with boat to Malong platform. So, here i am, stranded at FPSO doing nothing but eating and bored myself to death. Yeah I forgot to tell you that FPSO stands for Floating Processing and Storage Offloading. Or, have I told you before? I can't remember. Not in the best mood to check my other posts. The server is damn slow. Back to this FPSO story, it is actually a shipping vessel. Yes, I'm on a ship, and right now, it is full with oil. When the vessel is full with oil, it is quite stable. You can't feel any movement due to wave outside. But once the oil has been offloaded, the vessel will be lighter and hence, here comes all your nitemare. Luckily I never had any experience with sea sickness. Lucky me!

SInce PCSB rep insisted that we finish our job before heading back home, we will have to wait till the weather is OK. It's kind of a gamble, since the weather is un-predictable. However, PCSB is quite confident with the weather forecast which says tomorrow or Wednesday, the weather is fine. Pray hard. So, the new plan is to try going to Malong tomorow or the day after. Then, I can go back on Thursday. But if the weather is still not OK (please nooo..), I will only be back on Saturday...

P/S: Sorry yer, for those who have read my blog earlier, this post is incomplete. Blame the server...hehe..

Comments

Zaitul said…
it's floating, production, storage & offloading (fpso) dearest herlina....hehehe....we convert them :p
interesting work la ur having there...awk keja maner skang ek?
herl said…
alamak..ye kerr?? hehe..please forgive my lack of knowledge...keje kat mmc kerteh..do consultation..last 3 weeks g bunga kertas. misc punyer kan?
Anonymous said…
sekarang ni aku dah divert bunga raya flow ke JDS..hahah jadi perbincangan oil&gas la plak
Anonymous said…
kenapa ko asyik nak citer pasal keja lak nie?

tak elok bukak2 citer kompeni sbb confidential.ekekekek...

neway aku ke trgnu masa tuh ko di laut yer. sorry...ko kan selalu ke laut. nelayan kan...
Anonymous said…
her, aku nak call ko.. urgent babe :)

Popular Posts